The following is a rundown of banks in Denmark that you can manage an account with as an expat. While picking a bank, you need to mull over your own needs. On the off chance that you are an expat and know next to no Danish and new to Denmark, you will need to most likely keep money with one of the bigger banks. On the off chance that you are anticipating living and working in a littler group, than one of the nearby banks may serve your requirements better. It is constantly best to look around and converse with a few banks and record administrators before settling on where to bank. The top banks in Denmark are recorded beneath all together of their working capital and yearly credit sums. Most expats pick one of the main 4 banks since their sites can be perused in English, they have web saving money in English and have heaps of branches to make it helpful utilizing an ATM without charges. Starting 2014, many banks are shutting a large portion of their satellite workplaces, so you ought to watch that there is a physical bank in your quick region on the off chance that you wish to do a great deal of your saving money up close and personal. Banks are for the most part depending on web saving money or web based managing an account to benefit their client base.
List of top 5 banks in Denmark
1. Danske bank A/S was founded in 5 October 1871. Its headquarters in Copenhagen and Ole Andersen is the current chairman and Thomas F. Borgen is the CEO. It is a Danish bank which deals in various kinds of products such as, exchange, mortgage, insurance, banking and investment management. A number of local banks around the Nordic region as well as across the Ireland are operated by the danske bank. The bank has 18,478 employees, total equity DKK 147.4 billion and total assets DKK 3453.0 billion as per 2014.
2. Jyske Bank A/S in terms of market share this bank is third largest Danish bank. Its headquarters is located in Silkeborg and the bank has branches, offices or subsidiaries in France, Denmark Gibraltar, Germany, Switzerland and Netherlands. The bank is listed on the Copenhagen stock exchange. The bank was founded in 1967 which currently has 4000 employees. Anders Dam is the current CEO and seven buhrkall is the chairman of the bank.
3. Nykredit Bank A/S was founded in 1985 headquarters in Copenhagen Denmark. Michael Rasmuseen is the current CEO of the bank. Nykredit offers products like pension, mortgages banking, leasing and fixed income, insurance, retail and investment and trading and asset management. Currently 4100 employees working in Nykredit and it is private sector bank.
4. Sydbank A/S bank is largest full service bank headquartered in Aabenraa. The bank was founded in 1970 with the merger of 4 local banks based in southern just land. Anders Thoustrup is the chairman and Karen Frosig is the CEO of the Sydbank. Bank deals in private, commercial and retail banking, 2280 employees working in Sydbank.
5. Arbejdernes landsbank was founded in 19 June 1919 with 1075 employees and approximately 250,000 customers. This is the seventh largest bank in Denmark which has 70 branches in Denmark as of 2014. Its headquarters in Vesterbrogade 5 copenhagan Denmark, Gert R.Jonassen is the MD and Jan Walther Andersen is the current CEO. The bank was founded by the social democrats, trade unions and Arbejderkul with starting capital of DKK 2 million.